Stevenson Tree Care is hiring for an Arborist Groundworker position. This role requires a balance of physical exertion, mechanical aptitude, situational awareness, and common sense. We provide you with the tools, equipment, and training to work safely and effectively. Join our team if you have the drive and work ethic to grow in the arboriculture industry.
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career outdoors? If you find satisfaction working in an outdoor environment, we encourage you to apply as an Arborist Groundworker on our tree crew.
Please send a resume or description of relevant work experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to applicants within 1 week.
Starting Pay: $17-19 per hour (depending on qualifications)
Full time: 40-45 hours/week
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Learn to safely and skillfully operate an aerial lift and climb trees!
- Properly plant and care for trees and shrubs
- Prune, thin, and remove branches throughout the tree canopy
- Assist in the installation of cables and bracing systems
- Provide support for climbing crew by clearing limbs and debris
- Maintain arborist supplies and company equipment
- Drag brush, lift wood, rake and cleanup job site
- Drive truck and trailer to and from job sites
- Maintain open and friendly communication
- Properly use and maintain chainsaws, equipment, and heavy machinery
- Have knowledge of and ability to identify trees species
- Care for every customer’s property as if it were your own
- Degree in Forestry, Environmental Science, Horticulture, Biology or related field
- Related tree, plant, or landscape work experience
- Able to work in varying weather conditions
- Able to regularly lift heavy objects up to 75 lbs
- Interested and able to work at heights up to 75 feet
- Able to manage stress in high-intensity situations
- Team oriented, coachable, and willing to learn new skills
- Committed to learning industry best practices
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
What We Offer
- Holiday pay
- Sick pay
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan with company match
- Minimal out of town work
- Reliable career path advancement
- Safe, professional work environment
- Opportunities for continuing education and industry certifications
Who We Are
Based in beautiful Decorah Iowa, Stevenson Tree Care has established itself as a regional leader in science-based tree care. Stevenson Tree Care was born out of a passion for science-based, professional tree care solutions and is centered around exceptional customer service. With two decades of experience in the tree care industry, Drew Stevenson (ISA Board Certified Master Arborist MW-4507B) has both the practical and theoretical knowledge to guide your career advancement.
At Stevenson Tree care we celebrate our differences and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or disability.